At VWI, we understand that planning a move for today’s high-tech and complex healthcare facilities can be nothing short of a monumental undertaking. Our professionals understand that successfully achieving such transitions requires the detailed planning and coordination of thousands of tasks, items, schedules and people. Our goal is to ensure that all of these factors are orchestrated and managed through the implementation a well-developed transition plan, resulting in the successful delivery of effective patient care on the first day of occupancy.
A successful hospital transition or relocation project is one that ensures the level of care given to the first patient on the facility’s opening day meets the high standards of the institution. That degree of success can only be achieved through the development and integrated application of a carefully-sequenced transition plan. In the development of such a plan, our professionals consider the multitude of factors involved in a hospital transition project, such as:
- Government Agency Inspections and Code Compliance
- Commissioning and Acceptance
- Medical, Administrative and Operational Requirements
- Air Quality and Infection Control Protocols
- Interior Design/Signage/Furnishings
- Public Affairs Management
- Equipment Installation/Testing
- New Equipment Training for Facilities Management/Operational staff
- Patient Migration Planning
VWI’s transition planning experts bring quality-focused, detail-oriented people and proven transition management processes to complex medical facility transition projects of all sizes. We bring comprehensive transition planning, commissioning and construction management solutions to your new or newly-renovated medical facility, helping to ensure that your hospital transition is a smooth one.